The Spring Equinox occurs on the 21St of March and with the change of season comes the shifting of energy. We’ve seen this already with the return of the robins and budding plants and trees. In spring the energies of the Liver and Gallbladder Meridians are most active. The time of day when liver is most active is 1-3am and gallbladder is at its energy peak between 11pm and 1am. If you consistently wake at these times of day, the liver and gallbladder meridians are most likely out of balance.
Dietary factors which can create gallbladder imbalance are:
Excessive consumption of processed carbohydrates, greasy and fatty foods, trans fats, fructose and dairy, inadequate water intake, fried food and food sensitivities.
Dietary factors which can create liver imbalance are:
Overeating, excessive use of alcohol, overconsumption of fructose, omega 6 fats, trans fats, exposure to toxins and overuse of prescription drugs.
To improve functioning of the Liver and Gallbladder Meridians:
- Juice or blend beets, lemon, apples, carrots and dandelion greens
- Eat more garlic, onions ,cauliflower, broccoli, kale and cabbage
- Liver cleansing foods include: cilantro, turmeric, leafy greens, apples, asparagus, lemon and lime (to name a few)
- Drink dandelion tea
- Have a cup of lemon water at the beginning of the day
- Identify food sensitivities
- Use coconut oil in lieu of vegetable oil. It does not have to be emulsified by the liver or gallbladder.