Last week I spoke about the importance of a strong immune system to prevent illness and maintain good health. To continue with that theme, there are eight herbs that Chinese Medicine considers invaluable to bring balance and boost the immune system.
- Echinacea- anti-viral and anti-bacterial
- Astragalus- fights stress and can improve blood count
- Honeysuckle Forsythia- good for lungs and stomach
- Garlic- anti-oxidant
- Elderberry-good anti-inflammatory
- Andrographis-fights infection
- Ginger- antihistamine, and decongestant
- Medicinal Mushrooms- i.e. shitake, reishi, maitake
When taking any herbs, it’s always good to consult with an acupuncturist or herbalist to get the correct formulation.
You can read more here: www.mindbodygreen.com/Essential herbs to boost immunity