We’ve been talking about Indian Summer and spleen and stomach meridians which are associated with it. To promote healthy spleen and stomach energy avoid chronic worrying and over thinking which can negatively impact stomach health. Our digestive systems process our internalized thoughts and emotions along with our food.
Foods to support stomach and spleen energy
- Yellow or orange foods (sweet potatoes, yellow squash…)
- Foods harvested in late summer
- Root vegetables
- Consume mostly warm or cooked foods and beverages
- Eat dinner by 6 or 7 pm- this gives your body time to digest before retiring for the night.
Signs of possible spleen or stomach imbalance include:
- Bleeding gums, bad breath
- Muscles that cramp or tire easily
- Craving sweets
- Chronic over thinking, especially negative thoughts
- Constant worrying and anxiety
Balancing your energy, staying hydrated, proper nutrition and exercise will go a long way to promoting health.