https://optimumenergyandwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/autumn-leaves.png 598 900 Marie Oliver http://optimumenergyandwellness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/OE_logo-3.png Marie Oliver2018-09-14 11:47:182019-07-22 11:57:33Maintaining Health During Autumn
orientalmedicinespecialist. com/Autumn Equinox-Preparing for Change
Maintaining Health During Autumn
Now that the weather has finally changed it’s time to prepare for autumn. In nature, the energies begin to pull back and go deeper into the trees, shrubs, and earth. In our bodies, our vital energies also begin to circulate deeper into our organs to protect us from the cold.
To maintain health and balance during the fall season we need to align our energies and lifestyle to our environment.
To prepare for autumn:
- A food-based detox helps to protect and prepare our lungs and large intestine meridians (the metal element most active in fall) for the seasonal change
- Let go of that which no longer serves you. Declutter your environment with a deep cleaning. Let go of old wounds and hard feelings to prepare for the meditative season of winter. Hard feelings and negative thoughts interfere with our ability to move forward in our lives.
- Eat warming foods i.e. soups, stews, nuts, and root vegetables. Use spices such as: horseradish, garlic, cloves, ginger and cinnamon to protect against colds and flu.
- Dress for the weather. When exercising outdoors dress in layers. Remember to carry a scarf or jacket for weather changes.
- Essential oils such as Thieves (Young Living) or On Guard (Doterra) can help thwart a cold or sore throat. Prepare for and enjoy the change of season!